The earthquake disaster in Haiti and the world’s efforts to help will change us all … PLEASE HELP anyway you can! PRAYER helps greatly too!
Here is a list of organizations accepting donations:
• InterAction has a list of agencies responding and how to donate to them. Find it here
• American Red Cross — Text “HAITI” to “90999″ to make a $10 donation. Phone Number: (800) REDCROSS (733-2767).
• AmeriCares — AmeriCares gives disaster relief and humanitarian medical aid to people in crisis in the USA and around the world. Phone Number: (800) 486-4357
• Doctors Without Borders has set up teams in Haiti to treat the injured; They are accepting donations to help the effort.
• Haitian League — Founded, in 2003, the nonprofit headed by Union Township-based Haitian native is also active in hurricane relief efforts.
• Haiti Solidarity Network — A networking organization that brings together Haitians in New Jersey.
• To find out how to help the International Rescue Committee, visit www.theIRC.org or call toll free, 1-877-REFUGEE.
• To donate through Oxfam’s emergency appeal, visit www.oxfam.org.uk
• UNICEF — UNICEF U.S. Fund, which helps children around the world, is accepting donations on their website.
• Yele Haiti — The Haitian-born Wyclef Jean, who grew up near East Orange, called the earthquake a “natural disaster of unprecedented proportion,” His non-profit is donating $5 to the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund to those who text “Yele” to 501501 (the charge appears on your cell phone bill).
• Habitat for Humanity International is addressing shelter solutions for low-income families affected by the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti. To lend support, donations are being accepted at www.habitat.org.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.